Cat Food Homemade Recipe
Have you ever thought about making your own homemade cat food recipe? Of course, there are those cat owners who ask why I should make homemade food for my cat friend?
Being a cat owner, you might have seen dead chipmunks, squirrels, and birds in your garden. Regardless of how much you shout at your feline no to do it, they will not listen. It’s not just instinct that causes a domesticated feline to hunt, and it is their bodies wanting the essential nutrients that are lacking in their daily diets.
A very important enzyme called amylase is missing in a cat’s diet when you give him a commercial food. This essential enzyme is vital for a cat to digest carbohydrates that are the vital components of dry cat food. What is more, commercial cat food also lacks water content that adds to an array of issues aside from malnutrition.
Even if canned cat food typically has more protein and 70 percent water, it still doesn’t offer a nutritionally complete balanced diet. So, the best solution is to make Cat Food Homemade Recipe.
Here Are Some of The Benefits of Homemade Cat Food:
Cat food homemade recipe has many advantages that can’t be found in commercial pet products. Like for instance, a homemade cat food recipe might authentically contain the essential minerals and vitamins required by the cat in its diet. You can be certain that it doesn’t contain the necessary minerals and vitamins as you have made it personally for your feline friend. You don’t have to worry about misleading information regarding the nutrient value of the food that you’re giving your pet as you have made the recipe yourself.
Another perk of giving your homemade cat food is the fact that you’re giving it fresh. So, you don’t have to worry about contamination, which might result in poisoning and possible death of your pet. What is more, you can settle on to give the animal an array of food every day without compromising the well-being and daily nutrient need.
Another perk of cat food homemade recipe over commercially packaged food is that it is cheap. Since the recipe is homemade, you can choose to purchase the cheap ingredient for your cat food or settle on to purchase the ingredients in bulk so as to get more savings. Besides, in most cases, you wouldn’t have to buy the ingredients at all as you can only take what’s available in your kitchen. Likewise, you can use potatoes, rice, and meat that have been leftover from your past meals to make your homemade food.
Following a homemade cat food recipe will surely stimulate your cat’s natural diet and give complete nutrition to your feline friend. It’s agreed by most that cat food homemade recipe consists of the following:
- Finely diced vegetables
- Raw ground meat and fat
- Bone meal or finely ground eggshells: Cat needs a nutritional bone meal, not gardening bone meal. Bone meals must be bought at a health food store. When using eggshells, make sure that they are ground into a super fine powder.
- Nutritional supplementation: This can be provided by putting in the right dosage of enzymes that are formulated particularly for cats.
- Pure Water: Anything is better than tap water
- Soaked or cooked whole grains: These are optional, as it is thought by many that grains were never part of the natural diet of a cat and that there is no extra perk of putting them in the diet. But, some believe that they must be part of the diet.
- Cat also loves fish and using the best fish such as herrings, sardines, and anchovies will give your cat with Omega 3 and 6 essential fatty acids.
Homemade Recipes Your Cat Will Love
One amazing homemade cat food recipe that your cat will love is:
Fish Delight Cat Food Homemade Recipe
- 4 slices brown bread
- 2 medium-size eggs
- 1 tbsp bone meal
- 1 tbsp fresh raw veggies
- 1 to 2 cups of milk
- 1 can tuna or mackerel
- 2 tbsp supplemental powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2,500 IU vitamin A
- 100 – 200 IU vitamin E
- 200 mg Taurine (cat vitamin tablet)
Blend the milk, eggs, and supplements and then put in the bread and fish and mix thoroughly. You can serve this raw, or after being baked for twenty minutes at 350F.
Mackerel Cat Food Homemade Recipe
If you never experienced making your cat food, then this recipe is a perfect way to start.
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed
- 1 cup canned mackerel
- 1 tbsp organic, brown rice, cooked
- 1 to 2 tbsp of beef or chicken broth, if not available water is enough.
- Mix the entire ingredient in blender or food processor.
- Press pulse and ensure everything is blended
- Serve right away and put to the fridge the leftovers. It will last for 3 days.
Sardine Cat Food Homemade Recipe
Feline loves the aroma of sardines. So, make sure to include this recipe in his diet.
- 1 can sardines
- 2 tbsp cooked carrot, mashed
- 2 tbsp cooked oatmeal
- 1/3 cup cooked oatmeal
- Mix the entire ingredients in a big bowl
- Mash together and serve
- Store the remaining food in the fridge and discard after 3 days
Looking back at the cat food recall that has happened, it can be said that the incident was a blessing in disguise for all cat owners. It was a blessing in the sense that it had resulted in the realization that not all costly commercial food products needed by our cat are safe. Now you know that those were false claims – even those that are promising the best possible health for our cat and are believed to contain the essential mineral and vitamins. You can use your own Cat Food Homemade Recipe and save more in the process. Therefore, in conclusion, give your feline friend a healthy cat diet and get started with a homemade cat food recipe.
Video Url: https://youtu.be/DUdzV6Nlr1s
Check another article on Solid Gold Cat Food